Corporate Social Responsibility
A High Performing Team Delivering Excellent Client Service
Our primary purpose is to deliver a high quality service and innovative, up-to-the-minute solutions to our clients needs.
Whitewater is committed to ensuring that all staff and volunteers have access to learning, development and training opportunities to provide them with the skills and knowledge to carry out our mission to the very highest standards.
We don't see training and development as a bolt-on, but have created a working environment where continuous learning takes place. Our staff are encouraged to be innovative, research new developments in the market and skill-up throughout their working day. This approach means that our package of offerings is always changing and we're able to deliver the cutting edge service our customers expect.
Our agile, highly specialised teams work closely together and we take collective responsibility for our development. On-the-job learning included learning from other members of staff via job shadowing, mentoring, secondments and placements. We make regular visits to other organisations, join and host workshops and attend conferences.
With our Ideas Room we offer solutions to brand activation needs. The Ideas Room is at the heart of our production and allows colleagues to trial and prototype ideas. All client briefs are put in front of the team and we work together to find solutions.
These oppertunities are available to everyone at Whitewater, regardless of background or level of experience.
Reducing our impact on the environment
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment. Reducing our ecological footprint is of paramount importance to us. We all have a responsibility to our environment but as a supplier we find that reducing our energy, waste and purchasing resources from sustainable sources makes business- sense too. It reduces our costs, and we can pass those savings onto you.
We make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible.
We continuously work with out own suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
We keep transportation to a minimum and work with our clients to ensure we can deliver on projects in the most efficient way possible. We aim to group deliveries wherever possible and offer this to every client.
As our commitment to you... we continually review our own environmental impact and we can help you reduce yours too.
1. We have converted to LED ink drying on our most energy hungry press, which has reduced our electricity.
Average monthly units used pre conversion = 897
Average monthly units used post conversion = 748
2. We use recyclable products wherever possible, using fabric, PP, PE and FSC Paper on 92% of work. We're currently working with suppliers to find alternatives to PVC to eliminate the last 8%.
3. Our pop-up shop, exhibition and event preferred systems are made of 100% recyclable materials.
They extend the useful life span of exhibition stands and retail merchandising units. Being compact and lightweight, they reduce logistics and storage footprint by up to 85% compared with conventional stand materials. They are also reusable and re-configurable helping to reduce waste.
1. Whitewater have supported the bereavement charity myblueheart.org.uk for 3 years with:
a. All the design hours it needs for its print and digital requirements to promote the charity.
b. Hosting the website and managing the websites back office.
c. Storage and logistics for the charities promotional assets
2. Whitewater supports local Peterborough charities with free hire of our events and exhibition system. Managed in conjunction with www.opportunitypeterborough.co.uk
3. Staff are encouraged to put forward charities that are close to their heart and year 2 of these are supported by funds raised on our Whitewater charity day.
All funds raised are matched by the company.